Have you ever noticed a film or coating (which can range in color from clear to white, yellow, or green) on your tongue in the morning? Our tongue represents the health of our organs and the colour of coating on it says a lot.
Ayurvedic tongue scraping is the practice of removing toxins and bacteria from the tongue, before it gets reabsorbed by the body.. The tongue scraper is one of the most powerful tools you can add to your daily wellness routine.
Many people suffer with stuffed nose or sinuses when they wake up and this method of tongue scrapping can help unblock the sinuses and congestion in ENT (eyes, nose and throat)
How to do tongue scrapping :
- It should be done every morning on empty stomach only after brushing your teeth.
- Keep the tongue relaxed so that your scraper contacts maximum surface area then place the scraper as far back on the tongue as comfortable. Gently yet firmly, scrape the entire surface from back to front.
- Rinse the scraper well with hot water after each use.
- If you feel mild heiving while doing tongue scrapping then its ok. You might get watery eyes and runny nose after few scrapes which is perfect and helps clearing the entire blockage/ congestion from throat, nose and eyes. Blow your nose to get rid of excess mucus which has come up.
- Repeat this process 5-7 times, until your tongue looks clean, and pinkish or red in color.
Just Try it for a month, and you’ll never stop! You will be able to taste your food much better and the fresh feeling every morning is super cool 🙂
If you would like to purchase the tongue scrapper then please get in touch to order.