Colloidal Silver – How It Works and Its Benefits/Uses
What Is It?
Colloidal silver is a completely natural, liquid mineral supplement where the only minerals are tiny, suspended, sub-microscopic particles of pure silver. Colloidal silver’s appearance can range anywhere from completely clear to very yellow/amber however this does not make any difference.
How Does It Work?
There are 3 ways colloidal silver fights nasty pathogens:
- First, silver is a powerful carrier of oxygen, like the mineral iron, so when is comes into contact with a microbe, it releases a powerful ‘burst’ of oxygen which damages the cell wall of the microbe in much the same way as hydrogen peroxide would.
- Second, silver acts as a catalyst, disabling the enzyme that single-celled bacteria, fungi and viruses use for respiration and metabolism without damaging surrounding human cells or tissues.
- Third, new research demonstrates that when tiny silver particles are absorbed through the damaged cell wall of the pathogen, these silver particles attach themselves to the DNA of the pathogen and as a result prevent it from replicating. No replication means the infection can no longer spread.
Some Background Research/Information
Pure silver has been known for thousands of years to have powerful, broad-spectrum healing and infection-fighting qualities. So when the process for making colloidal silver was discovered in the late 1800’s, it immediately became a popular, natural infection-fighting agent, used both topically on cuts, burns and infections, and internally as a remedy for a wide range of infectious diseases.
The UCLA Microbiology Department found after vigorous testing that colloidal silver was deadly to pathogens at just 2.5ppm (parts per million) and absolutely fatal to pathogens at 5ppm. 10ppm was slightly more fatal than 5pp but no research anywhere suggests that a higher than 10ppm is more effective at killing pathogens. Killing an ant with a sledgehammer is just as effective at merely standing on it. This is the same with colloidal silver and pathogens.
- Antibacterial and Antifungal: Colloidal silver can be used to treat conditions such as yeast overgrowth, Lyme disease, eye infections and basically any type of bacterial infection.
- Wound healer: Colloidal silver can be applied topically to cuts, scrapes, burns, rashes, cold sores, fever blisters and other skin related issues to aid and speed up the process of healing.
- Ear Infections: Can be cured by placing drops of colloidal silver into the ear canal.
- Asthma: Colloidal silver can be used to eliminate this problem by killing the pathogens involved in causing bronchial infections or allergic reactions as they are usually the triggers of asthma.
- Warts: The HPV virus causes warts which can be easily eliminated by applying colloidal silver to the wart.
- Food poisoning: 4-5 tablespoons of colloidal silver should be taken every half hour for a couple hours to help ward off the ‘tummy bug’ quickly and efficiently.
- Boost immunity and prevent infections: 1-2 tablespoons of colloidal silver can be taken daily to ward off nasty pathogens to prevent infections. This amount can be increased when you feel something coming on, such as a cold.
- Prevent decay and bacterial plaque build up: Can be used as a mouthwash to kill the microbes responsible for decay and bacterial plaque.
- Eliminate athlete’s foot and toenail fungus: This can be done by soaking your feet in colloidal silver.
- Treat dandruff: Research shows dandruff is caused by the growth of Candida Yeast fungus on the scalp so colloidal silver can be sprayed on the scalp to kill this fungus and therefore prevent dandruff.
- Boost the effectiveness of antibiotics: A 2013 study showed that when colloidal silver was taken alongside antibiotics, it killed up to a 1000 times more bacteria than antibiotics alone.
- Disinfect surfaces: Colloidal silver can be used to clean kitchen and tabletop surfaces, doorknobs, toilet seats, floors, cutting boards, walls and ceilings incase of mould, and many more.
Possible Side Effects: Argyria
There is only one side effect of taking colloidal silver and that is only if taken in very VERY large quantities continuously over a long period of time. Even drinking that amount of water alone will have negative effects. Argyria is the bluish-grey discolouration of the skin. It is not treatable or reversible but isn’t harmful to health as it is simply a cosmetic issue. A person must be drinking gallons of colloidal per day for years on end for them to risk getting argyria. You must go to great lengths to cause argyria, it is not easy, takes commitment and consistency. It is not something that can be caused by accident as silver is just a mineral and colloidal silver is just mineral water.
DISCLAIMER: You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of this information. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.